- As the body has a vast amount of muscle tissue, swellings can arise from within such tissue.
- Myocytes are the main type of cells that can proliferate and casue muscle swellings.
- They can also appear after trauma
- As they can get bigger they may cause symptoms, surgical excision is advised before its gets too large, after appropriate thorough investigation.
- Most can be detected with an ultrasound from our specialist Sarcoma radiologist. Some will require further assessment, with a MRI scan.
If you have a swelling with some of the symptoms above, get in touch here to book and appointment for assessment.